HumbleDeer's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by HumbleDeer, Oct 7, 2017.

1. HumbleDeer

HumbleDeer Active Member

My In-Game Name: HumbleDeer
    Date of birth: 19th of September 2001
    My main Language(s): English & Flemish (Bilingual)
    Timezone/Country: UTC+1 -- Belgium
    What server would you like to be staff on?:
    I'm applying for system administrator, mainly prison.
    Your in-game Donor Rank(s): Officer
    How active are you on the server?: Active - as much as possible.
    How long have you been a member of JailMine?: Since the second/third week of its release.
    Supporting statement (How will you contribute & what makes you different than other players; make sure you add detail): I have a great passion for building and exploring. People know me, trust me, and can surely rely on me. I know how to solve conflicts easily, have experience in 'middleman' practices and am not afraid to risk a life for one other's.
    What are your main strengths?: I have a long history in web and backend development alongside being a long time Minecraft player and server-maintainer. These strengths come into play when managing a minecraft server from A to X, Z being the adventure. Following this up, I (believe that I) am very creative in constructing and creating ideas. This goes well together with me being a good builder. Some of you might remember some of my creations. I have a great vision for the future, and love to experiment. I'm not afraid to fail if it's something I can learn from.
    Your punishment history: Not Applicable. Minor warnings in previous installments. Can be viewed here.
    Why should we accept you?: I have a wide experience and open mind when it comes to development. I'm a teamplayer when I'm required to be, and handle information with discretion.
    Any other things you would like to add?: Jah bringing you peace. Also, here's a lists of things I think need urgent fixing:
    • Mine names, for usage with /mines reset
    • Mine-spots: They could use a fix or two, perhaps a facelift
    • Chat notifications upon being kicked for spam
    • Economical balance
    • Fix the damn cencoring
    • Bring back MCMMO Salvage with improvements! No more accidental salvaging.
    • Investigate some odd quircks and bugs in GTA, as well as fixing some drowning and stuck-spots. Broken chests as well.
    • Make better use of GTA's underground 'shooting range' space. An example of this would be a scoreboard for top-kills that gets populated everytime GTA resets.

"How do I vote on the server?": Voting is done by filling in your username and completing a captcha. Voting-sites are listed on the 'Vote' page.
    If a player advertises, what would you do?: Bring the player to the attention that advertising is not tolerated and will carry heavy punishments. The first offense carries a simple - yet effective - warning.
    "How do I play prison?": Prison is a game where you start off as a low-grade criminal. You work your way up to the top - and eventually "Free" (the overworld) - by mining and selling. Day in - Day out. You do the crime, you do the time!
    "Can I have OP?": This is not a decision to be made by a sole person.
    "How do I apply for mod?": Applying for mod, albeit any other staff position, can be done whenever applications are open. You will notice this by the announcement posts. Further instructions are on the forum post.
    If a player spams on the server, what would you do?: Determine if it's intentionally spamming for harmful causes, or accidental. In case of an accidental spam encounter, a verbal warning would probably do. This is more humane. In case of harmful spamming, a warning is handed out.
    You see a player hacking, however, there are players who need your help, what would you do?:
    In this case, I would help out the players in need. Cheaters are cheaters, and will most likely cheat again.
    You are in a pvp zone, when suddenly a hacker approaches you. There are no safe zones or area's where you can jail the hacker. What do you do?: If possible, alert (another) staff member (in case of voice chat). If this is not an option, record the gameplay. You can report and/or prove the player's usage of internal or external cheats.
    2 players are arguing in chat. One of them are quite close to you, however, the other player isn't. What would you do?:
    This case requires the intervening person to hear out both sides. Friendly politics aren't acceptable as a judging staff member.
    "Where can I see my punishment history?": Punishment history is stored in a database that can be accessed from the 'bans' page. !Important: this page does not only display banishments! Access this page by visiting http://www.jailmine.co.uk/bans.
    "How do I get a plot?": Plots can either be obtained manually, or automatically. The automatic method is preferred by most players. You can use this feature by executing "/plot auto" in chat. If you wish to manually choose and claim a plot, you can find an empty plot and execute "/plot claim" in chat. Please note: obtaining a plot is restricted to members of Rank D or above.

I look forward to meeting the new team.
    One Love,
    Anna

Some honorable mentions:
    [​IMG]

#1 HumbleDeer, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017 at 8:15 PM
    YurGay, EELUSM and DerpieYamie like this.
  2. MePro

MePro Member

Sexual harassment

Kieran and LeGenD110 like this.
  3. HumbleDeer

HumbleDeer Active Member

What do you mean?

YurGay likes this.
  4. UniqueMan

UniqueMan Member

I think we all could have seen this coming

iiReAcTiOnZii, Kieran and fluffy67813 like this.
  5. HumbleDeer

HumbleDeer Active Member

I saw you coming from a-far.

YurGay likes this.
  6. iiReAcTiOnZii

iiReAcTiOnZii Member

Get lost no one likes you we dont want you as staff

Jks

7. HumbleDeer

HumbleDeer Active Member

I honestly didn't expect anything else from you.

YurGay likes this.
  8. iiReAcTiOnZii

iiReAcTiOnZii Member

No one cares

Kieran and ApplePanda642 like this.
  9. fluffy67813

fluffy67813 Active Member

EXPOSED!! HumbleDeer goes afk all day to become active !!

Kieran likes this.
  10. MePro

MePro Member

After reading the whole application I got constapated from all the shyt you wrote

11. HumbleDeer

HumbleDeer Active Member

Then this may help you.

YurGay likes this.
  12. MePro

MePro Member

This up your this might help the server.

GamadonE likes this.
  13. HumbleDeer

HumbleDeer Active Member

Just because I happened to step away from my computer last night and forgot to shut it duwn? :')

YurGay likes this.
  14. fluffy67813

fluffy67813 Active Member

yes.

15. HumbleDeer

HumbleDeer Active Member

Okay.

YurGay likes this.
  16. MaybeClaireGames

MaybeClaireGames New Member

Mmm I bet ;)

17. Kieran

Kieran Member

Your transgender???

18. HumbleDeer

HumbleDeer Active Member

I don't see why that requires quoting the whole application. Is it somehow relevant?

YurGay likes this.
  19. Kieran

Kieran Member

Yes your not a girl.

20. HumbleDeer

HumbleDeer Active Member

That's your opinion. I still don't understand the correlation between your opinions and my staff application.

YurGay likes this.